September 1, 2020
Orange Cream French Toast Recipe
As many of you know, last month we studied self care and we had a bunch of takeovers on our Instagram from many women showing us the number of ways that we can take care of ourselves!
On this past Saturday, I took you all through my day with my family and talked about how I self care. One of the things that I love to do on Saturdays is cook a really fancy breakfast! This week, I cooked my favorite Orange Cream French toast with homemade orange whipped cream. Oh my it was LOVELY! So as promised, the recipe is below!
Ingredients For French Toast:
1 TBSP of orange zest
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream (approximately)
1 tsp of vanilla extra
Sliced Brioche Bread (this recipes makes 4-6 slices of french toast
2 TBSP butter
100% maple syrup
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Ingredients for Orange Whipped Cream
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping cream (Chilled)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 TBSP of orange zest
Instructions for French Toast:
- Beat 2 eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon and orange zest in square or rectangle dish (this is best for even coating)
- Heat 1 TBSP of butter over medium high heat in skillet
- Coat a slice of bread in the egg mixture (30 seconds on each side)
- Cook for 2-3 mins on each side
- Repeat until done. Use more butter as needed.
Instructions for Whipped Cream
- Place your mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for at least 15-30 mins
- Add in whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar into bowl
- Mix on low starting out and as it begins to thicken, slowly increase the speed to high
- Once peaks begin to form, be sure to scrape sides of bowl
- Transfer to a piping bag
This makes quite a bit of whipped cream but you can use it again later. For the french toast, this makes about 2 servings. You can double the recipe as needed. This does great with storing in the fridge and warming up later.
After adding whipped cream to the french toast when plating, feel free to top with a slice of the orange or a pinch of orange zest along with some maple syrup! Enjoy!
Believer. Wife. Mom. Author. Entrepreneur. Self Care Advocate. Organizational Coach
Jasmine understands the importance of keeping God first and she is an advocate for self care.